Link USA is seeking a Technical Sales Support Specialist. Interested candidates should review the job specification below and submit a resume to email@example.com.
Technical Sales Support
Title: Technical Sales Support
Reports to: Business Development Director
Revised: April, 2011
Responsible for providing technical sales support to Link’s Customers, Dealers, and Manufacturer’s Representatives. Ensures prompt response to all customer and company initiated sales inquiries. Communicates effectively with technical, manufacturing and accounting staff members, as well as with external partners and customers.
1. Provide technical sales support to End Users, Dealers, and Manufacturer’s Representatives. Follow-up on inquiries in a timely manner.
2. Act as a liaison between Dealers / Manufacturer’s Representatives and Link’s internal product design, engineering, and assembly team
3. Coordinate and participate in the generation and distribution of Quotations and Project Bill of Materials
4. Coordinate shipping and delivery dates between customers and accounting / production staff.
5. Generate accurate, detailed, and timely paperwork including, but not limited to, Quotations, Bills of Materials, Project Costing Spreadsheets, Order Acknowledgements, and Packing Lists
6. Monitors quality of products and services to ensure the highest quality standards and safety
7. Assist in updating and the distribution of marketing, technical information, cutsheets, manuals, and pricelists as required
8. Maintain Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities in company provided CRM system
9. Answer telephones and emails as required
10. Provides support to all levels of internal manufacturing, sales and accounting staff
11. Participate in tradeshows as requested
12. Other duties as required or assigned by company management
The Technical Sales Support Specialist will be accountable to the Accounting and Operations Supervisor. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
The Technical Sales Support Specialist shall possess a two-year technology degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of 4 years working experience in the audio/video/lighting field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
Some out of town travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
3. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
6. Capable of generating and working with blueprints or diagrams
7. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
8. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
9. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
10. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
11. Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Some light lifting of objects is required.
3. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.